Monday, January 4, 2010

Van Raalte Vintage Teddies



I recently found this beautiful 80s Van Raalte teddy in glossy rose nylon and cream lace and it made me realise that I've rarely found teddies from this company.


Definition (according to Wikipedia) : a teddy is an undergarment which combines a camisole and panty in one piece. Unlike a bodysuit, it is typically looser and more sheer, and may be designed to slip off from the shoulders, rather than to open at the crotch.


Known as a camiknicker, envelope chemise or "step-in" in previous incarnations, I always think of the "teddy" as being mainly a roaring 20's garment. They did however have a resurgence in lingerie fashion during the 80s.
If anyone has any Van Raalte teddies, or pictures of teddies in ads please let me know.
XOXO Empress Jade Vintage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I actually have a Van Raalte Teddy, that I'm about to list on ebay. It's in pretty good condition. Black, with snap closure at crotch. The style no is 9 75733, and is a Size 32. 100% Nylon, Made in Canada. Here's the listing number - 160457538251. Take care, netsterstevies ;)